- Getting the problems:
- We will email you at noon on Saturday 21st April (Irish time).
Informing you of the start of the competition.
- As soon as we receive a reply to this message, we will forward
- There will be 3 problems to be attempted in 5 hours.
- This is a solo event: you may not communicate with
anyone else about the programs for the duration of the competition.
- You may use whatever books you like, but you may not use the Internet as a resource
to help solve the problems. Note: none of the problems or their solutions
are on the internet - but don't even try - you'll only waste time.
- At the end of five hours (or sooner) email your solutions to
us. (Simply reply to the last email you receive from us, don't
forget to attach your solutions.)
You should submit the source code and the executable file.
- The programs will be marked by humans (not automatically as in previous
so your programs will not be excessively penalised for formatting errors.
- If you feel that a problem is unclear, then include your interpretation
of the problem as comments in the code.
- The judges' decision will be final.